Welcome to Gordon Food Service!
We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share.
There's a seat at our table for you...
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Our Division Router here at Gordon Food Service plans, directs and maintains efficient transportation routing operations in collaboration with the Transportation Manager. Responsible for all of the routing within specified Division.
Location: 7770 KENSINGTON CT, BRIGHTON, Michigan 48116
Work schedule: 1:00 PM to 9:30 PM Sunday through Wednesday and 10:00 AM until 6:30 PM on Thursday
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Business Management, or related field preferred
- Two to Five years of experience in the distribution/wholesale industry required
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the specified education and experience requirements.
Some essential functions are:
- Coordinates multiple shipping sites through implementation of RoadNet or Appian software; to maximize efficiency of routes on a daily basis.
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient way possible for multiple shipping facilities/branches while under constant time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established procedures, protocols, and customer commitments.
- Creation and distribution of reports to internal and external customers, including completion of internal logs and reports necessary to the operation of the department.
- Collection and evaluation of customer orders downloaded throughout the day.
- Manual entry of cross-dock orders into the routing software
- Analysis of daily and/or weekly routing solutions to point out possible inefficiencies.
- Accommodation of special customer requests/needs as possible.
- Collaborates with Transportation Manager on set-up and maintenance of skeleton route groups in Roadnet/Appian routing package.
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.