Metro Health – University of Michigan Health: As an affiliate of University of Michigan Health, Metro Health provides a world-class system of leading-edge healthcare services with its patient-centric, holistic approach. Our 208-bed hospital anchors Metro Health Village in Wyoming, Michigan, serving more than 250,000 patients annually. More than 61,000 emergency patients are treated each year at our hospital, a Verified Level II Trauma Center. Primary and specialty care services are provided at 30 locations throughout West Michigan. More than 500 staff physicians provide state-of-the-art treatment for a full array of health needs, including cancer, heart and vascular disease, stroke and trauma. As a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center, Metro Health provides specialty services that include neurosciences, pulmonology, gastroenterology, cardiology, endocrinology, OB/GYN, bariatrics, orthopedics and wound care. In 2018, Metro Health was the only Grand Rapids area hospital included among the "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources. Our hospital is committed to promoting health and wellness through the Metro Health Hospital Foundation, Live Healthy community outreach classes and educational programs. For more information visit www.metrohealth.net, follow us on Twitter @MetroHealthGr and like the hospital on Facebook.com/MetroHealth
Maintenance Painter - Facilities Management * Shift Varies - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req378
FTE status: 1
This position will start on day shift for training and then transition to days/evenings depending upon work requirements.
This position provides painting, maintenance and repair services for Metro Health facilities under the direction and supervision of the Engineering/Maintenance Department to ensure comfortable, efficient, continuous and compliant facility operation.
- Must be a high school or vocational school graduate or have GED.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Preferred to be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions.
- Must be able to write coherent communications and documentation comments.
- Must be able to use a personal computer to complete and manage work order assignments, look up information on the Metro network and the internet and communicate via email.
- Must have basic troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Must have a good familiarity and understanding of wall repair and finishing, painting (prep, application, enamel, latex and specialties), wall coverings and protective coverings/guards.
- Preferred to have a basic familiarity and understanding of decoration/fixture mounting, finish trim, cabinetry, laminates and floor coverings.
- Preferred to have a basic familiarity and understanding of other facility equipment.
- General maintenance hand tools are required. Rolling cart, battery-operated drill, brushes, rollers, spray gun and painting sundries are provided. Shop is equipped with welders, grinder, band saw, table saw, drill press, pipe threader, oxyacetylene torch, pipe wenches, circular saw, vacuum cleaners, step ladders, testing equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week plus extended work hours when required.
- Must be willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays when emergency repair work arises, shift coverage is needed or the work requires special scheduling.
- Must be willing to develop a high level of skill and knowledge in all areas of medical facility maintenance and stay abreast of current technological issues in order to make the best positive contribution to patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responds to non-clinical emergency requests such as leaks, snow/ice removal, fire alarms, hazardous waste spills, etc.
- Completes corrective work orders after investigating and troubleshooting the problem(s) to determine the best solution. This includes prioritizing, scheduling, communicating, requesting non-stock parts and documenting time spent, parts used and ongoing status and completion information.
- Completes preventative maintenance work orders (inspects/adjusts/installs/replaces, etc.) and creates repair work orders and PM changes/corrections for any issues found. This includes prioritizing, scheduling, communicating, requesting non-stock parts and documenting time spent, parts used and ongoing status and completion information.
- Performs assigned monitoring and testing duties with appropriate documentation and response (adjustment/notification).
- Notices and corrects or creates work orders for damage or issues observed during travel through the facilities.
- Completes the Infection Control Risk Assessment for all required activities.
- Continuously looks for and suggest ways to improve the procedures and performance of the Maintenance Department.
- Continuously improves existing knowledge and skills and expand experience and familiarity with Metro facilities and equipment wherever possible.
- Stays current on and follows Metro and department policies, procedures and instructions.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Facility Manager and/or Director of Facility Support Services with regular and predictable attendance.