Annual Giving Specialist - Foundation * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1957
FTE status: 1
Are you passionate about connecting people to healthcare through fundraising and story telling? Do you enjoy sharing an attitude of gratitude? The Foundation team is looking for a teammate like you! The Annual Giving Specialist is responsible for:
- Strategic design, implementation and evaluation of annual giving activities (including but not limited to: Employee & Internal Campaign, Grateful Patient Campaign, Annual Appeals, and volunteer/ambassador activation in concert with these strategies) as well as related third party fundraisers.
- Foundation stewardship strategy up to and including stewardship events.
- Serving as liaison to Marketing and Communications Department for the Foundation’s print and social media communications plan.
- Working in coordination on other projects as assigned with the Foundation Director, other office staff and volunteers in attracting funding for The Foundation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree with a minimum 3 years fundraising experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Evidence of successful fundraising, campaign design and implementation, and stewardship activities.
- Event management, communications, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
- Position requires demonstrated applied skills in CRM Software (Raiser’s Edge highly preferred), word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and the ability to learn fundraising management computer software programs.
- Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Comfortable and competent in making presentations to groups.
- Reasoning ability, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for internal and external fundraising campaigns.
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of integrated stewardship strategy for all fundraising modalities.
- As Head Storyteller for the Foundation, serve as liaison for Marketing and Communications to coordinate an intentional and cohesive voice of the Foundation, which includes content creation, public relations, internal promotion and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Effective personal, verbal, and written communications skills are critical.
- Engage volunteers as appropriate as ambassadors of campaign strategies.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the annual campaign budgets.
- Cultivate sponsorship fulfillment, as well as establish and maintain donor relations.
- Coordinate stewardship event logistics including, but not limited to, invites/rsvps, subcontractor coordination, venue arrangements, volunteer coordination, and staffing.
- Broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
- Designs and implements the “Employee Giving Campaign” within the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.