Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!A career at Meijer is so much more than just a paycheck. Meijer was built on one family’s dream with the goal of helping people and now more than 80 years later that’s exactly what we’ve done and will always do. Today, Meijer is the 19th largest privately held company – with more than 70,000 team members across six Midwest states. As the pioneer of the “one-stop shopping” concept, Meijer values innovation and fresh ideas from each and every Team Member. Meijer also offers countless opportunities for professional career growth, personal enrichment and truly invests in your success. Whether you join one of our retail stores, distribution centers, or corporate offices, as a Meijer Team Member you become more than just an employee…you become a member of the family.
Meijer is seeking candidates for a Design internship opportunity! Join our program to get experience in your field while also learning more about the retail industry and the breadth of career opportunities that support the shopper experience. Your internship will include interaction with other interns, experts in your area of study, and Meijer senior leadership.
- Professional experiences will include interior finish selection, in-store signage development, layout and visualization
- Presenting creative designs to internal and external business partners
- Developing creative design solutions that align with the company’s brand preference and project budgets
- Progress toward a bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Developing skills in 2D design utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite
- Developing skills in 3D design utilizing SketchUp, 3D Studio Max, Rhinoceros or related software
- Understanding design trends and how to interpret them in real world scenarios
- Attention to Detail – ensures specifications are accurate
- Communication Skills - conveys the right information visually, verbally and in writing
- Customer focus - creating unique environments for shoppers
- Customer focus - dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Relationship Skills - can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
- Organized - uses resources effectively and arranges information and files in a useful manner
This position requires day only travel 15% of the time