Pre Arrival Associate - Scheduling - Pre-Arrival Service * Days - 20hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req2446
FTE status: 0.5
This position has a schedule of Monday - Friday from 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the scheduling associate is responsible for the scheduling of outpatient procedures by obtaining demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- College Education: 1-2 years preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in Hospital, Medical Registration/Billing experience required or equivalent medical schooling.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/10 recommended.
- Coding certification preferred.
- Epic certification a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to obtain complete and accurate patient demographic, financial and insurance information.
- Perform scheduling functions in Epic.
- Responsible to schedule all appointments in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Responsible to validate all components of the written order as outlined in the written order policy.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles, and any outstanding balance accounts.
- Responsible to complete a financial screen for self-pay accounts.
- Ability to flex schedule to meet the demands of the department.
- Maintain or exceed current department goals.
- Completes Epic work queues daily.
- Completes accounts in AHIQA daily.
- Other duties as assigned.