Come help our Marketing Teams champion a “Customer is King” environment...
and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the food service industry! Our Marketing teams support our sales force and our food service customers with digital tools and content, events to educate and inform, creative ideation and development, distinctive products and brands, and consultative expertise on both business operations and culinary trends.
We are seeking a North American Product Specialist for our Team. The North American Product Specialist is a critical role to our categories that will focus on Produce Category and will be a support person for our National Multi Unit Accounts (Chain Accounts). This role will execute strategic category plans to achieve volume and profit targets in support of segmented customer and brand marketing plans. See additional details below!
Why join our Team?
- The opportunity to drive results: This role will develop reporting and provide analysis on sales and financial data that support product rationalization and marketing activities for NA National Multi Unit Accounts.
- The opportunity to collaborate: This role will assist the National Multi Unit Account Manager with data for customer business reviews. In addition this role will interface and collaborate with internal and external customers, brokers, and vendors to achieve sales and margin goals.
- The opportunity to support Culinary Development with NA Multi Unit Accounts product development.
- Responsible for customer cost deals and program updates/changes on template forms to communicate to vendors, administration and contract teams.
- The opportunity to lead Divisional and customer Training activities.
- This role will provide consultative services on product category with National Account Team and customers as requested to achieve department goals.
- This role will, identify and present product and product trend information to internal and external customers.
- Participates in the planning and execution of Multi Unit Account conferences or other related shows in support of strategic plans.
What we need from you?
- Strong written and presentation communication skills.
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal/external customers.
- Time management skills are a must. Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of food specifications and must have detailed knowledge of product and market trends and the link to business goals.
- Must be results oriented and have excellent team skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and/or Google (G Suite) platform.
- Ability to use data/insights to drive solutions.
- Ability to travel (North American (US/CN) between 25%-40% of the time in support of key customer initiatives.
Leading candidates will have……..
- Previous marketing experience with emphasis in product/category and/or sales experience with emphasis in restaurant/Chain Restaurants (Corporate Chains).
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales, or other related field.
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.