Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking; we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense, and we provide mentorship and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
We’re hiring a Customer Service Product Analyst to join our team in Grand Rapids, MI.
What you will be doing:
Our Customer Service Product Analyst will be responsible for determining the feasibility, pricing and specifications for non-standard requests to achieve profitability, competitiveness and propose alternative product solutions to meet customer’s needs. Manages and coordinates activities associated with the customer’s request for quote by facilitating discussions to uncover customer business needs and using information to provide the right solution at the right price. Assesses the feasibility of new requests, consults with manufacturing regarding capabilities, product applications, safety, design and profitability to meet customer’s needs for special products. Prepares formal quote (product description and pricing) and related documents to aid the sales force in influencing the customers’ to purchase Steelcase product. Collaborates with marketing, manufacturing, product development, field sales, dealers and customers to win bids and meet customer requirements.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work in a multi task, high stress environment
- Above average math skills and mechanical understanding, including the ability to read floor plans and engineering drawings.
- A passion for satisfying customers.
- Able to conceptualize and analyze technical data and to define creative solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate highly technical data to various audiences and influence internal and external groups on the benefit of various product solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with other groups such as dealers, field sales, product engineering, product marketing, industrial engineering, etc.
- Strong computer skills to effectively use and communicate the use of Specials programs and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Mechanical Design, Engineering, or another related degree.
- Must have at least a minimum of internship level experience; or 2 years of professional experience to be considered in lieu of prior internships.
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.Steelcase Inc. has paused requiring all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated or have an exemption against COVID-19 as a condition of employment based on the federal court injunction. If the injunction is overturned and the federal contractor vaccine requirement is reinstated, we’ll revisit our planned actions for non-compliance and, in all things, we will follow the law.