Spiritual Care Chaplain - Associate - Spiritual Care * Shift varies - 20hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1930
FTE status: 0.5
The Chaplain provides spiritual care, education and support to patients, staff and visitors according to the Metro Health’s mission statement. The Chaplain will handle the needs of patients of all faiths and traditions, as well as facilitating the relationship of Metro Health Hospital within the community of Grand Rapids.
- Theological training, including a M.Div. degree, preferred
- One unit of Certified Pastoral Experience (CPE) in a hospital setting or hospital work experience preferred
- Training or certification in ethics, organ procurement and end of life care is preferred and highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in the utilization of electronic medical record (EMR). EPIC training is highly preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide education to staff, visitors and patients on the role of spiritual care within Metro Health hospital regardless of faith or religious preferences.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the local clergy in the surrounding areas of Metro Health Hospital.