Etna Supply's Over the Road Long Haul division is looking for a fleet assistant with DOT and Trucking Admin experience to join our team! Our perfect fit will have knowledge of Trucking Maintenance and the Dossier Trucking system.
Schedule: Ideally 16 hours a week. Thursday and Friday. 8am-5pm.
Perform administrative duties of the Fleet department and assist with DOT/FMCSA compliance administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Answer phones for the Fleet department.
- Administer ICE billing and assist with quoting.
- Administer gas card program.
- Coordinate use of fleet vehicles for Company employees.
- Assist with keeping the company consistently ready for a DOT audit and assist with ensuring that all DOT accounts have a “Satisfactory” rating.
- Maintain accurate and complete Driver Qualification Files.
- Coordinate and perform annual MVR runs.
- Maintain DOT Accident Register.
- Monitor electronic Driver Logs use, accuracy, and compliance, forwarding discipline issues to the HR Manager.
- Track and maintain vehicle inspection reports and the Federal SaferSys program, issue rewards earned, and forward discipline issues to the HR Manager.
- Maintain vehicle licensing per DOT requirements: Sales, IRP, MPSC.
- Monitor fleet repairs that pertain to DOT compliance.
- Assist with administering claims and maintaining records for all company vehicle accidents.
- Coordinate DOT driver medical card certifications.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of DOT and fleet-related policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- General administrative assistance for the Fleet department, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, making copies, scanning documents, data entry, filing, and typing correspondence.
- Assist Human Resources with coordination of Driver and Driver Supervisor training, including but not limited to new driver orientation, general DOT regulations, safety, and mandated training.
- Work with Human Resources to track ICE time off accrual usage and balances.
- Assist Human Resources with administration of the Safe Driver Award program.
- Special projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Effective administrative, communication, interpersonal, detail-orientation, stress management, teamwork, judgment, and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines, and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and DOT/fleet-related software, programs, and websites.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, or
- Six months to one year of related experience and training, or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk and hear; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to walk and stand; reach, grasp, and handle.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; climb and stoop.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening. #IN23