Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
Why people choose to work with us:
As a Partner Marketing Student Specialist, you will gain an understanding of the operational side of marketing. You will enhance all aspects of your communications skills, including, print, online and in-person. You will engage cross-functionally, working with sales, dealers, marketing, communications, and other teams. You will develop experience in event execution. You will engage with employees with all levels of experience and get a true idea of what it’s like to work in a large global corporation.
What you will be doing:
Your goal in this position is to support the ancillary initiative using technical, analytical, and creative prowess to drive sales for partner products as well as Steelcase products.
How will you meet this goal?
· You will collaborate with our internal ancillary team to create collateral to support field sales and dealers using PowerPoint and other tools.
· You will support the process of content creation to effectively position partner products to win more ancillary business.
· You will assist in the development and execution of events to build awareness of brand and partnerships.
· You will maintain, audit, and process data to support our partner’s presence on the Marketplace platform.
Who you are:
· You organize your classes, part-time job, and student involvement through proper time and schedule management.
· You have an eye for design and can turn your creative visions into a reality.
· You are highly organized and can prioritize tasks while paying great attention to detail.
· You’re curious and take the initiative to learn new things.
· You love working at a fast pace and can handle any task that is thrown your way.
· You’re the member in a group project that goes the extra mile and is eager to help anyone in need.
· You’re comfortable using Excel and are willing and enthusiastic to expand your skills.
· You’re currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
· Major: Marketing, Business, Communications, or any other relevant field
· Preferred year: Current Sophomore or Junior (May 2021- May 2022)
· Expected Start Date: October/ November 2019
· Graphic Design experience is a plus. SAP experience is a plus
This role is full-time during the summer (40 hours) and part-time during the school year (15-20 hours)
Your Future Team:
Our Internal Ancillary team collaborates with many others throughout the organization to create collateral that will support field sales and dealers to help them more effectively position partner products to win more ancillary business. Our team manages Steelcase’s relationship with some of the world’s most premier brands, such as West Elm and Blu Dot.
With a shift in how people are choosing to work, Ancillary works to create inspiring spaces using non-traditional design collaborations to curate productivity and creativity. Our team works fast, as things are ever-changing, we work smart, and we’re always up for a challenge! We are highly collaborative and enthusiastically assist and support each other at the drop of a hat. We like to have fun and are a close team.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.