Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.The Product Manager-Store Ops is responsible for guiding the success of our Customer Experience and Store Operations while leading the teams that are responsible for developing and improving it. Product Managers prioritize and define what features will be developed and implemented to positively impact the experiences for customers, team members and cross-function business partners. This Produt Manager is a key role within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) that Meijer has adopted across multiple areas of the business. This positions offers an opportunity to participate in a challenging and rewarding role of creating, defining and applying our digital solutions in a manner that enables Meijer to drive incremental sales, grow customer loyalty, and build efficiency in the way our Team Members work. Individuals in this role must embody SAFe Agile while demonstrating the ability to understand Customer and Team Member needs and have the aptitude for both technical and business requirements.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for the program vision, roadmap, and implementation of end-state product/property experiences, which could include (but not limited to) Shop & Scan, POS technology. Handheld/Mobile technology, App development, Customer Experience and managing new technologies to support the Digital and Retail Roadmap for our stores.
- Leads Subject Matter Experts (SME), PO Specialists for contributions towards the creation and development of project roadmaps, project strategy and planning process. Influences and supports Scrum Master in PI planning, prioritization, demos, and rollouts.
- Builds solutions that connect and support Store Support mission and vision while providing communication and campaigns that drive alignment and engagement across the organization.
- Leader and decision maker for assigned agile team(s) within the SAFe framework.
- Sees projects from start to finish, including detailed breakdown of features at the beginning, through measuring success post-rollout.
- Conveys the vision and goals to their team for each new feature prioritized.
- Creates, owns and is measured against their agile team’s objectives for each 10 week program increment.
- Maintains and prioritizes their team’s backlog during the sprint planning process.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings as part of the SAFe framework, including sprint planning, sprint demos, system demos, retrospectives, and program increment planning events.
- Communicates status and progress externally.
- Plans and executes program/feature transitions with high customer impact as needed.
- Additional projects outside of the agile project teams as assigned.
- Provides direct leadership to third party contractors, including management of project engagement, scope, deliverables, team performance, and issue resolution and success criteria.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or require.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in Retail Leading teams, SAFe Agile work, and/or IT field.
- Project leadership: Proven ability to lead a team through all project phases to successful implementation.
- Experience working with technical teams required, within Agile (SAFe) framework.
- Experience in working within teams and cross-functional partner relationships.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Analytical/Statistical: Proven ability to draw business relevancy and meaning from data.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver simple customer experience solutions.
- Strong written, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, comfort leading cross-functional projects.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.
- Ability to resolve conflict and quickly adapt to different leadership styles.
- Ability to identify issues and road blocks in cross-functional areas and resolve.
- Attention to detail with an ability to meet tight timelines.
- Strong problem-solving ability and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate and interact with various divisions and levels of the organization.
- Exceptional ability to extract strategic insights from data and adjust and/or plan accordingly.