Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. The eCF systems and services enable millions of customer page views and orders per day for Amazon.com.
The Business Data Technologies (BDT) group within eCF is at the center of Amazon’s data-driven culture with the responsibility for managing the largest business analytics platform as well as providing data and data curation capabilities to thousands of internal and external customers worldwide. BDT provides enterprise solutions that focus on compliance, security, integrity, and cost efficiency of operating and managing Amazon’s core data. BDT is developing innovative products including the next-generation of data, data discovery engine, data transformation services, and more with state-of-the-art user experience.
Are you interested in building world-class data protection and security solutions covering all eCF data? Do you want to solve data security related problems and build solutions using cutting-edge big data technologies? Are you looking for a highly visible program that solve big data challenges at a massive scale?
We're looking for an experienced, self-directed Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work on new strategic multi-year data recovery readiness projects. As a member of the BDT’s software engineering team, you will define and implement steps to achieve our long-term data recovery readiness vision, establish a Center of Excellence program, drive delivery with the product/service owners and engineering teams, and lead regular progress meetings with cross-functional stakeholders and BDT leadership. As the Principal TPM, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of big data technologies.
Our mission includes ensuring eCF data stores have secure and sufficient backups, establishing best practices and center of excellence for data recovery, creating tools and reports on data services recovery readiness for engineers and services across Amazon’s Consumer, Digital, and Other (CDO) organization. Amazon’s CDO organization includes a variety of large and growing businesses. It is inclusive of the Consumer Web site, the fulfillment centers, TV and Movie Studios, Prime Video, Devices (Alexa, Kindle, FireTV), IMDB, Zappos, Whole Foods, and many other businesses. By joining BDT, you will have unique opportunities and challenges to solve big data problems at a massive scale by collaborating with AWS and CDO teams.
This position may be located in Seattle WA, or Vancouver Canada. Relocation available.
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, related fields or relevant work experience
· 10+ years of hands-on data backup and recovery engineering experience (e.g., disaster recovery, data protection, database recovery, etc.)
· Ability to drive commitments across the enterprise to deliver data security/privacy solutions
· Ability to deliver multi-year initiatives from conception through completion
· Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members using both written and oral communications
· 3+ years of experience with AWS
· Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex systems
· Experience with AWS database, storage, security, identity & compliance, analytics products (e.g., Redshift, S3, IAM, EMR, RDS/Aurora, and EC2)
· Experience leading big data technology development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.