Service Desk Technician - Information Technology * Days - 40hrs/wk
Service Desk Technician understands the strategic vision of Metro Health and Information Technology. A Service Desk Technician ensures daily activities support and aligns with the strategic visions. A Service Desk Technician provides quality customer service while resolving computer issues using technical remote diagnostic tools.
- Basic understanding of Information Technology hardware and software.
- Working experience with automated call systems for logging and follow-up to customer incidents and problems.
- Effective in consulting with users and applying system analysis techniques for understanding customer issues. Provides prompt resolution to customer issues according to policies and procedures.
- Stay current in Information Technology related, technologies, both software and hardware.
- Critical problem solver and thinker.
- Ability to absorb and learn quickly.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality telephone and e-mail assistance to end users experiencing Information Technology hardware and software system problems.
- Utilizes technical troubleshooting tools and techniques to effectively diagnose and resolve computer hardware and software problems.
- Logs accurately all requests for assistance into a computerized work order tracking system.
- Coordinates Information Technology resources effectively to complete Information Technology hardware and software requests.
- Monitors the daily status of work orders and provides follow-up with customers.
- Performs reporting functions that support Information Technology.
- Instructs, applies system analysis techniques, and provides consulting for customers in the use of equipment, software, and documentation.
- Logs work order tracking statistics, system downtimes, and other operational statistics daily for the subsequent review and analysis by Information Technology leadership.
- Communicates timely and effectively with all levels of employees and customers.
- Performs other duties as directed by Metro Health IT management.
Requisition #: req6217FTE status: 1