Click on the following link to apply for this job
NOTE: To maintain job contact information, please login before clicking link
Apply Online - 0002E7
MD/DO - Physician - Family Medicine Core Faculty
MD/DO - Physician - Family Medicine Core Faculty General Summary:
The Core Faculty position for Family Medicine at Metro Health Hospital will be required to work closely with the Family Medicine Program Director, the Family Medicine Residents, the NMM/FM Program Director, students and Medical Education. The Core Faculty position will be required to dedicate a minimum of 24 hours/week (.6 FTE) to the residency program and .4 FTE to patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in the development of resident didactics as well as provide presentations for the residents. Resident didactics take place on the second and fourth Fridays of every month.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of a student educational program. These programs will take place on the first Wednesday of every month as well as the first or third Friday each month (depending on the OMM didactic schedule).
3. Participate in the recruitment of new residents into the program. This will include reviewing candidate applications, contacting potential candidates, being involved in recruitment dinners, interviews, and other programs revolving around recruitment.
4. Maintain scholarly activity as it relates to ACGME requirements.
5. Participate in monthly journal clubs.
6. Participate in the development of monthly clinical education days.
7. Mentor residents on their senior projects and participate in research studies.
8. Precept in the residency clinic (schedule to be determined and can change depending on the needs of the residency).
9. Core faculty will be required to participate in all meetings and committees pertaining to the Residency. This will include the CCC, and PEC as well as any other faculty meetings as determined by the program director.
10. Participate in the monthly evaluation of students and residents who are on service.
11. Participate in the Quarterly Evaluations of the residents.
12. Must be willing to take students and residents on your service in the clinical setting.
13. Become familiar with the basic standards of the ACGME family medicine program.
14. Participate in team building activities for the residency.
15. Core faculty may be required to attend the program director's portion of the National ACOFP and/or ACGME conference each year.
16. Core faculty may be required to attend periodic SCS program director meetings (held once monthly). They may also be required to participate in and help set up/run SCS day programs (typically one/year).
17. Core faculty may be required to participate on the IRB.
18. Core faculty will be required to participate in the faculty development.
19. Must be Board Certified and in good standing with either the ABOFP or ABFP.
Category: Health Care